Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of these terms and conditions of use. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “Us”, “Our” and “We” refers to Quicktax and “You” and “Your” refers to you, the client, visitor, website user or person using our website.
AMENDMENT OF TERMS
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these terms at any time. Please check these terms regularly prior to using our website to ensure you are aware of any changes. We will endeavor to highlight any significant or substantive changes to you where possible. If you choose to use our website then we will regard that use as conclusive evidence of your agreement and acceptance that these terms govern your and Quicktax’s rights and obligations to each other.
YOU AS A THE CLIENT,
Agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions that govern the use of the website that is owned and operated by LKN Accounting Group Pty Ltd. (Quicktax).
1. You authorise our trained staff at Quicktax (Tax Practitioners Board Tax Agent Number: 24778472) to (whichever applies); prepare, review and lodge your tax return to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) based on the information you have provided and in accordance with the Income Tax Assessment Acts of 1936 and 1997.
2. You acknowledge that the 1 Hour same day refund we advertise is not a guarantee. All returns are subject to review by Quicktax, it’s Tax Agent and the Australian Tax Office (ATO). A tax refund may be delayed for a number of reasons such as inaccurate information, being a new taxpayer, or having an unusually large refund. Quicktax is not liable for any delays.
3. The Quicktax do-it-yourself platform is designed to be a guide for clients to accurately prepare their tax returns. Quicktax does accept any responsibility for the information that you provide on your return.
4. Neither Quicktax nor its associates guarantee that the Quicktax website is completely free of errors. We will notify you should any errors arise during the preparation or review of your tax information.
5. You will not attempt to violate the security of the Quicktax website. This includes any attempts to download source code, propagate malicious programs or viruses, or interfere with the operation of our computer systems.
7. These Terms and Condition are governed by the laws of Western Australia. Quicktax reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and the online taxation payment facility at any time.
USING YOUR INFORMATION
Once the client/taxpayer enters the required information on our website, you are authorizing us (Quicktax and/or our Parent company LKN Accounting Group Pty Ltd – Tax Agent Registration number: 24778472) to access your records via the Tax Agent Portal.
We collect personal information using the following methods: Completing (in full or partially) our online enquiry form, completing (in full or partially) our Do-it yourself Tax Return application, and completing (in full or partially) our online free Tax calculator. other methods include: via electronic mail (email), over the phone or in person.
1. Personal information collected will be used to check client/taxpayer tax records, income, debt and prefill data for all applicable financial years. As Tax Agents acting on behalf of a client/taxpayer, we assume the legal obligation to check through Tax records of our client/taxpayer that has appointed us as their Registered Tax Agent in order to ensure that the said client/taxpayer is upto date with all Tax lodgment obligations. Where any Tax lodgment obligations are not met and remain unlodged or outstanding, Quicktax will ensure that these are fulfilled in a timely manner so as to help the client/taxpayer avoid possible penalties and court proceedings that would possibly occur.
2. Upon conclusion of the Tax return, the client will be provided with and estimated tax refund (basic tax return) and the option of a 1 hour tax Refund will be offered to eligible clients. Additional fees apply for the Quick Refund option. Visit pricing page for more details
NOTE: Eligibility and amount of 1 Hour Quicktax Refund or Tax advance will be decided on a case by case basis. The ultimate decision to provide a Quick refund lies with our Finance team who reserve the right to decline any and all advances. We also reserve the right to refuse to serve any client/taxpayer that provides false or misleading information.
Quick Refund Option
The Quick refund option is a facility Quick Tax offers to selected clients in need for funds earlier than the normal ATO standard.
This option carries additional fees to our normal fee for processing a client’s tax return. Prior to the advance being processed, a client needs to satisfy the following:
- Provide Quicktax with 100 points of ID
- provide correct bank details
- Sign off on your Tax Return via:
- email authority
- clicking authority-to-lodge form on Quicktax website
- text or sms authority
- written authority
- in special circumstances over the phone authority may be accepted
- Provide truthful information regarding external debt held with any Government agencies which would affect your ability to receive a Tax Refund from the Australian Tax Office
Not: delays may occur where any of the above or other external factors occur.
- Contact with the Quicktax team can be made either by the following options
- Electronic mail (email)
- office visit
*Note: Please allow for upto 24 hours to get back to you using anyone of the above during peak Tax time (July to October).